Who should apply?
Movement Labs is committed to investing in the people doing transformative work. We encourage applications by organizations and campaigns led by the people directly impacted by the policies they’re trying to change, and those who don’t have the funding or capacity to run text banks themselves — including but not limited to Black, indigenous, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, immigrant, disabled, and formerly incarcerated people. Some questions we will consider include:
- Do you have a path to victory for a specific campaign?
- Are you working to build community power long term, and are you rooted in the community (led by, run by, and/or beholden to a membership of people directly impacted by the policies you’re trying to change)?
- Do you have a small staff or budget with limited capacity to text bank, but want to add text banking to your organization’s toolkit now and in the future?
- What is your capacity to follow up with supportive leads via phone, text banking, or in another capacity to turn them into participating members?
- Would this grant increase the capacity and strength of your campaign and/or your organization?
August 29, 2021, 11:59pm PST.
To further the leadership development and strategic effectiveness of your campaign, each grantee is required to attend at least one virtual training and strategy session. Below are important dates.
- August 29 – Application Submission Deadline
- September 10 – Grantees Announced
- September 13 – Training & strategy sessions begin. Grantees will be encouraged to take advantage of our Movement Text Training program, free for any organization who receives an Advocacy Grant, starting weekly in September.
- Grant expires one month after the end of the legislative session unless otherwise arranged. A final meeting will be offered to help each organization discuss impact and make suggestions for best ways to incorporate texting moving forward.